Vintage 1990s Winter Weight NAVY Male Officer Reefer Peacoat. This timeless military-issue outerwear jacket is designed to provide warmth and style in the cooler months.
The Reefer Coat is worn by Naval Officers and Chief Petty Officers with the Service Dress Blue or Service Khaki uniform in inclement weather. Officers display hard boards on the loops of their Men's Officer Reefer Peacoat, while CPOs forgo insignia. Women may choose either the Men's style with two loops or the women's version featuring epaulets, as long as the garment is serviceable.
This vintage Winter-weight hip length Peacoat jacket is made of a dark blue-black melton wool with convertible collar, thick faux fur lining, 1 interior chest pocket, 2 front slash pockets, and a double-breasted closure made of seven 35-line gold buttons with USN eagle & star emblem.
- Fabric: 100% Wool Outer Shell; Fake fur inner lining; 35ligne Gold Metal Buttons
- Care: Dry clean only
- Label size: 47 XLong
- Manufacture date: 1995
- Label info: 26497-1, 4416-R1, WPL 4818, 048-3
- Chest: 48 inches around (measured under armpit)
- Length: 38-inches (measured from bottom of collar to jacket hem)
- Sleeve length: 28-inches (measured from sleeve shoulder to sleeve wrist)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Condition: Good vintage condition, pre-owned/gently used. Some light wear at left sleeve: 1-inch partial loose seam at arm hole, small hole in sleeve lining, some wear of faux fur in left underarm area (please see photos).
We sell pre-owned/used Military clothing & accessories. Our items are in Good pre-owned/gently used condition, unless noted as NEW, LIKE NEW or AS-IS. Here is how we grade condition:
- NEW: New Condition is new with tags or packaging, unworn/unused.
- LIKE NEW: Like New Condition is new, unworn/unused without tags or packaging.
- GOOD: Good Condition is pre-owned/gently used with no visible flaws, good to pass military inspection.
- AS-IS: As-Is Condition is pre-owned and may be an older/non-vintage brand, or have minor flaws or defects: e.g. minor stain(s), fading/discoloration, missing buttons, small hole(s), fabric wear/pilling. We make sure not to send you anything awkward. AS-IS items are marked down and great for theater productions, costumes or someone who doesn't have to get into rank and file to be looked up and down by the "Brigadier Chief." As-Is Condition items are NOT recommended for active military personnel under uniform inspection.
- FINAL SALE: Items marked "FINAL SALE" are priced down accordingly, non-refundable and cannot be returned. These pieces may be older/vintage items that may need seam(s) repaired, a button replacement, or have fabric wear but are still perfectly wearable. These items are great for costumes, collecting, or for production use. Please email us beforehand if you have questions about an item.
At Uniform Trading Company our genuine Military Uniform clothing & accessories are consigned by U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force Personnel and Military Veterans. A percentage of our sales are returned to them for each product sold.
Every item has a history, and your purchase continues its story... Our customers are active & veteran U.S. Military, JROTC & Sea Cadets, Honor Guard members, student groups, movie film & theater productions, first responders, security/law enforcement, sailors, military reenactors, uniform aficionados and ZOMBIES!
We're big advocates for sustainability and renewable practices. Buying pre-owned, used goods gives them a new life, preventing these items from burdening our landfills.
RETURN & EXCHANGES
- For other requests that require exchanging to a different item, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of your order delivery date.
- You are welcome to re-use the package your order was shipped in unless you were so excited when you got it that you ripped it into tiny pieces.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping costs, unless there is an error with your order.
- Include a copy of the original order slip, e-mail, or a note in your return package. Help us help you!
- Returned items must be in the same condition they were received.
- After your return is inspected, and we are able to restock item, we will refund you for your purchase, or send out exchanged item, depending on original request.
We appreciate you and want you to be happy. Of course, if you receive an incorrect item or it was inaccurately described in its listing, we’ll refund you for goods and shipping if an exchange is not possible.
DAMAGES & ISSUES
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged, or if you receive the wrong item so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
EXCEPTIONS/ FINAL SALE / NON-RETURNABLE ITEMS
Items such as underwear (i.e. compression boxers), NEW packaged undershirts (i.e. Soffe 3-pack or single undershirts), Soffe brand shorts, or FINAL SALE items are non-returnable. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
- Exchanges are eligible within 7 days of the delivery date of your order. → Click here to process your return/exchange request on our Return Portal.
- We try to be perfect every time, if that “human condition” gets in the way and we sent you the wrong size/item, we’ll pick up the return shipping and send you a return label. We will ship you the correct size/item on us.
- If you “guesstimated” your size and need to exchange for a different size or ordered the wrong item, we are happy to exchange it but you will need to pay return shipping. We will gladly send you the correct item, but you will need to pay for shipping.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method for the cost of the item. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.