USN Male Enlisted Service Dress Blue (SDB) Jacket with Silver Buttons. This jacket was part of the Navy's Enlisted Service Dress uniform from 1973 to 1980.
The double-breasted coat is made of garbardine poly wool with 1 upper left breast pocket, 2 hip pockets, and three 35-line Navy Eagle silver buttons down each forefront. Summer style with half-lined interior in upper back, front and sleeves.
- Color & Fabric: Black 55/45 Polyester Wool, Nylon Lining, 35-ligne Metal Silver Buttons with Navy Eagle Insignia
- Care: Dry clean only
- Label size: 34 Regular
- Brand: Newell Clothing Co.
- NSN 8405-444-1339
- Manufacture date: circa 1973, Vietnam-era
- Chest: 36-inches around (measured under armpit)
- Length: 29-inches (measured from bottom of collar to jacket hem)
- Sleeve length: 26-inches (measured from sleeve shoulder to sleeve wrist)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Condition: Good, pre-owned/gently used.
HOW TO CHOOSE A SIZE
Each jacket is individually measured. Measurements are taken in inches. Here is how each area is measured:
- Chest : measured around under armpit
- Length: measured at back from bottom of collar to jacket hem
- Sleeve: measured from sleeve shoulder to sleeve wrist
Please make sure to take your measurements on the body, or measure a similar item with buttoned collar, long sleeves and a length that fits you well.
We sell pre-owned/used Military clothing & accessories. Our items are in Good pre-owned/gently used condition, unless noted as NEW, LIKE NEW or AS-IS. Here is how we grade condition:
- NEW: New Condition is new with tags or packaging, unworn/unused.
- LIKE NEW: Like New Condition is new, unworn/unused without tags or packaging.
- GOOD: Good Condition is pre-owned/gently used with no visible flaws, good to pass military inspection.
- AS-IS: As-Is Condition is pre-owned and may be an older/non-vintage brand, or have minor flaws or defects: e.g. minor stain(s), fading/discoloration, missing buttons, small hole(s), fabric wear/pilling. We make sure not to send you anything awkward. AS-IS items are marked down and great for theater productions, costumes or someone who doesn't have to get into rank and file to be looked up and down by the "Brigadier Chief."
- FINAL SALE: Items marked "FINAL SALE" are priced down accordingly, non-refundable and cannot be returned. These pieces may be older/vintage items that may need seam(s) repaired, a button replacement, or have fabric wear but are still perfectly wearable. These items are great for costumes, collecting, or for production use. Please email us beforehand if you have questions about an item.
At Uniform Trading Company our genuine Military Uniform clothing & accessories are consigned by U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force Personnel and Military Veterans. A percentage of our sale proceeds are returned to them for each product sold.
Every item has a history and your purchase continues its story! We're big advocates for sustainable & renewable practices. Buying pre-owned, used goods gives them a new life and prevents them from filling up our landfills.