Frequently Asked Questions
What the heck is Consignment?
Consignment /kənˈsīnmənt/noun - an agreement to pay a supplier of goods after the goods are sold.
I want to consign Uniforms.
If you’re near the Bremerton Base:
- Bring ‘em over Sailor! We’re here on Callow, just make a right from the main gate of the Bremerton Base. We’re open Monday - Friday from 1100 - 1700 hours, no appointment needed.
It looks like you mostly have Navy Uniforms, what’s up?
- We are currently working on adding US Marine Corp Uniforms to our website. We hope to have them up and running by May of 2020. Then we’ll be ready to start receiving Uniforms from other branches.
When is that Uniform currently out of stock going to become available?
- Since we can’t purchase new Uniforms, we’re completely at the mercy of what’s brought in or mailed to us. We are re-sellers of gently used Military Uniforms, and by helping us to spread the word of how awesome we are, we’ll be acquiring the goods you want sooner. It’s a win-win!
- If you want to be notified when an item comes back in stock, you can use the “Email When Available” in the product details. Please make sure to select the size and other details before clicking the button or you might get notified that some really tiny pants are in stock.
Are your Uniforms really Official Military Uniforms?
- Yep! That’s all we do. Official Military Uniforms. All consigned from US Military Service Members or Veterans. If it’s not the real stuff, we’ll pass it on to those that can use them.
Are you like a Surplus Store?
- Nope. We’re not a Surplus Store. We carry Current issue Military Uniforms, and retired Uniforms for our Vets, Production companies and Military aficionados. All uniforms and accessories are consigned by US Military Service Members or Veterans.
Can I trade my Uniforms for a different size?
- We would love it if you purchased the right-sized Uniform from us and then consigned the one that no longer fits you :o) The short answer is no - please support our mission.
Do you carry ______?
- Uniforms. We carry Uniforms and the stuff that goes with the Uniforms, like Shoes, Insignia, Medals, occasional swords and such. No guns (guns are technically cannons and we don’t carry those either), no tents, no vests, no junk, no entrenching spoons, no cool canteens, no ammo boxes, etc.
Who are you people?
- The short story; We are an awesome team of 6 women wanting to provide a Service and create a Community for the US Military to sell and buy gently used Uniforms. Stretch those hard-earned dollars and save our landfills at the same time! (Ok, we don't just want to sell to the US Military, we want to sell to the world. I mean we are all in this "Save the planet" thing together! Reuse - Reduce)
Do you offer tailoring services?
- No, we do not, nor would you want us to tailor any of your items...
I’m not in the military, can I still buy from you?
- We don’t discriminate. We love everyone to buy from us. Anyone can purchase from us for costumes, memorabilia, etc. Just know that uniforms can’t be used to impersonate a member of the military for personal gain, it is called “Stolen Valor” and it is illegal (Stolen Valor Act of 2013). It is ok in theatrical productions because well, pretending is understood.
The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 makes it illegal to impersonate a member of the military for any form of material personal gain, such as money or housing. Under U.S. federal law, it is a crime to falsely claim certain military honors.
Section 772 (f) allows the uniform to be worn in a theatrical production.
Can I pick up my order at the store?
Absolutely! Select "STORE PICKUP ONLY - BREMERTON, WA" for your shipping method when placing your order. You can pick it up in our Bremerton store on 330 N. Callow Ave.
- You seem like a planner, so bring uniforms you can't wear or don't want with you and we will consign them for you when you pick up your order! It's a win-win situation.
Do you ship to APO or military addresses?
We sure do! It’s a royal pain in the posterior but we’re here for you, our Service Members! PLEASE verify that your address is the actual ship-to address. We spend a lot of time having to revise them and that might postpone your shipment. That would make you sad and us sad. So to spread happiness, verify.
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
Do you ship overseas?
- Yes! Yes, we do. We have limited some of our shipping options to the most reliable ones that you’re able to track. Note that International orders may be subject to import duty and tax depending upon the country in which you reside and you will be responsible for these charges. Please check with your local customs office for details, as we are not able to provide estimates.
Do you rent Uniforms and other items on your website?
- We do better than that! Go ahead and purchase whatever you need, from a dollar to thousands of dollars for that production you’re working on. Use and keep all the Uniforms for as long as you want, then return back to us and upon inspection, we’ll refund your cc or PayPal up to 50% for everything you purchased from us. We think it’s a pretty sweet deal and there’s no contracts or limit on time to use. Yeah, seriously!
My question isn’t answered here, how can I contact you guys?